I have to send out a giant THANK YOU to Miss Ellie, from New Creation Ministries who bestowed this lovely award on me!! Ellie is a delightful creature and I have had so much fun conversing with her. Check out her blog, she writes from her heart and I bet you find something that speaks to you! Ellie has a new book coming out soon called, “Life’s Too Short to Eat Bad Cheese.”
The rules of the award are to share 7 interesting aspects of my life and to pass the award on to up to 15 other bloggers.
HOPE YOU FIND THIS INTERESTING!!
1. The first vehicle I ever drove was a 1967 International Dump Truck – manual transmission at 9 years old.
2. I am currently enrolled in a self-hypnosis e-course
3. I volunteer in the props department for a local theatre. I have made many interesting props, but my favorite…and most challenging…and time consuming… was vintage Louis Vuitton Luggage for the play “Thoroughly Modern Millie.” The play traveled to the Paper Mill Playhouse in NJ – so my luggage was in the same play in both states that I live in!
4. I LOVE to play tennis
5. I met the Dalhi Lama over 30 years ago. I mean really met him one on one – face to face. Too bad I didn’t understand the significance of that back then.
6. I went sky diving …once. It was amazing…I wanted to do it more but I thought it was irresponsible because I had a son.
7. I love to sing and dance
I am passing this award on to (Check these bloggers out!):
First I need to say that this beautiful award could not have come at a better time in my life. It is a beautiful honor that also carries a message for me…and I am very blessed and full of gratitude.
The very wonderful Delvi, from DALAVOIE.NET bestowed this angelic honor to me. It means so much for her to include me because she is a beautiful soul who writes from her heart. I am honored that she reads my blog, and that she found it worthy. Her blog is in French, and I wish I understood French because I am sure it is ethereal, but she has English translations. If you have not yet had a dose of Delvi’s magic, you should head on over and watch out…you will be addicted!
Here are the rules of this award as I have been given:
1). The nominee shall display the Angel Award Logo on his/her blog.
2). The nominee shall nominate ten (10) other blogs/bloggers to bestow the award to. oops…and link to their blogs and inform them about it!
Thank you Wendy, from the great blog Ramblings and Musings, for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am very thankful that you enjoy my blog. I do appreciate our connection 🙂
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who gives it to you.
2. Answer the eleven questions he/she asks.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4. Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
5. Let these eleven bloggers know that they have been nominated.
Here are the questions I must answer:
1. What inspired you to blog?
I submitted a book proposal to a publisher who STRONGLY suggested that I should have a “platform.” I started the blog kicking and screaming, and it turns out I absolutely love it!! Who would have known…?
2. Are you a big reader? If so, do you Ebook, or real book?
Reading is my first true love. I stopped cold turkey when my Mom went blind. We shared our love of reading and I felt guilty because I could still see. I’m over that now. REAL BOOK…will always love to hold a book in my hand!
3. Are you a cat person or dog person? Why?
I am an every animal person. I have always had animal friends…human friends called me the animal whisperer. Right now I have the cutest puppy in the world!
4. Do you ever go back to your previous blog posts and revisit? What do you find when you do?
I go back when someone writes a comment on an older post. I find that I like reading what I have written.
5. Where is your favorite place on the planet? What makes it your favorite?
My favorite place on the planet is when I connect completely to my inner spirit, or soul. It is a place that is full of love and joy. It is a place of truth. When I am there I radiate a vibration that sends love out to the planet. Like attracts like, so I get to be with other people who bask in this beautiful white light. It is the best feeling in the world. (Throw in a palm tree, sand, and an aquamarine ocean & that’s good too!)
6. If you could choose a super power, what would it be, and why?
My super power would be to be a Magical Genie. I would grant people two wishes only. The first wish they would have to wish for someone else, then the second would be a wish for them. This would make people think about others and make them aware of giving. With only one wish left for them it would really make them analyze their life.
7. If there was any talent you could choose to have, what would it be? Why?
I would choose to be a musician. I have many creative talents but music (other than singing loud in my car) is not one. In particular, I do believe that I could play the violin…I feel like I know I could do it. I will get one someday and prove myself right!
8. What is your favorite season of the year? What do you do different in that season?
Summer, summer, summer! I am very grateful that I live in warm weather all year long. The thing I do different is “feel great.”
9. Describe your best day ever.
My best day starts with really good coffee!
Walk up to the beach and see the sunrise/Meditate/Write/Read and post/Play tennis (win)/Yummy lunch/work on “creative project of the moment”/Swim/Healthy dinny/Projects while watching TV/Fall asleep on couch 🙂
In between I make contact with all the people I love, play with puppy wuppy, and hopefully make at least one person smile!
10. Religion or Faith? Do you have a preference, and why?
I believe all religions have a place in the world, but faith is more my style. I have a connection to spirit…to God, that grows every day. I know that my faith has seen me through some very rough waters…waters that have brought me where I am today. I am so blessed and full of gratitude…Blessitude!
11. If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be and why?
This was hard! There are so many. I would at this moment chose Ernest Holmes. He authored “The Science of Mind” which is an amazing book (if you have not read it – I highly recommend-although it is not a sit down in one night kind of read.) I don’t remember how it landed in my lap (which many teachings do) but it was very instrumental in helping me clear my scrambled mind. There were many other books, but this one in particular was very memorable to me. I would just love to pick the mind of this man!
I am nominating the following blogs for the Liebster Award. Please know that I nominate you because I think your content is something that others should see. If I made a mistake and you have more than 500 followers – or you are an award free blog…oops! Sorry!
And please know that after doing this I realize it takes a chunk of time. If you are unable to accept, I fully understand.